Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Hey! Go Team! Hey! Go Team! Go!

Hey! Go Team! Hey! Go Team! Go!

Cheerleading camp.  The one camp I didn't want Chloe to attend.  I don't know why.  It was inevitable that she would want to be a cheerleader.  But, man, I dreaded it so much. 

...she was killing me in that mini skirt... (part of the dance they learned)

Sharing carpool duties with Jennifer and Emmaline made the week much easier.  The conclusion of cheerleading camp was on Friday at noon.  The girls learned cheers, dances, made banners, tie-dyed socks, and painted hairbows.  Mrs. Brooks did a fabulous job keeping the girls interested.  Chloe adores her and the "big" cheerleaders from the varsity squad.  Her favorite part was making socks and hairbows. 

Chloe got to call the first cheer! Hey! Go Team!
At the parent showcase, Chloe got to call the first cheer.  "Hey! Go Team! Hey! Go Team! Go!" was her favorite cheer to practice all week.  Some of the girls did flips, they all did jumps, cheers, and their groups performed a dance.  That was one of the cutest things I have ever seen.  A country music montage seemed perfect for my girlie's group!   I think I took more pictures of cheer camp parent showcase than all of the other moms combined!  Funny how my perspective changed. 


 Getting to use the Varsity Cheerleaders' poms was a big deal!



2012 Lakeview Academy Cheerleading Camp

No comments:

Post a Comment